Every piece of Jaylyn Jewellery is made with care from precious metals and natural diamonds and gemstones. Following are instructions on how to make your jewellery last a lifetime:
- Always protect your jewellery from sharp blows, scratching, chemicals (perfume, lotions etc), sunlight and heat/cold.
- Store your jewellery in a soft lined box or pouch with an anti-tarnish strip. Try to keep pieces apart to avoid them rubbing together.
- Your gold jewellery will age and sterling silver will tarnish naturally. To keep your pieces in pristine condition, clean your jewellery regularly with warm water, mild dish soap (no detergents) and a soft brush. A pulsed-water dental cleaning appliance and a soft, lint-free cloth can also be used. Be sure to rinse your jewellery in a glass of water to remove cleaning solutions since you risk losing loose stones – or even an entire piece of jewellery - if you rinse directly in the sink.
- Never go swimming wearing your jeweler in swimming pools, as chlorine in swimming pools can cause damage to all metals and will erode gold jewellery.
- Avoid wearing while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities.
It is good practice to have a jeweller check your pieces once a year to make sure the settings and stones are secure. Although a piece of jewellery might look in fine condition. It could need repairs to avoid loss of expensive diamonds or gemstones. Checking jewellery condition should be a free service offered by your goldsmith.